Bonjour! Greetings from Paris! I wanted to share some highlights of my trip before election day and I start drinking liquor from the stress.
Here are a few things I found amazing about Paris...
- Food in Paris is amazingly fresh and delicious. We tasted everything from fries, to fish, duck, pastries and ice cream. EVERYTHING was perfect. Not too sweet. Not too salty. Even the ketchup & mustard was good. Other Americans suggested we taste McDonalds & KFC in Paris because the difference is unbelievable. We declined.
- Coffee in Paris is hands down THE BEST.
- Wine...All French wine isn't spectacular. It was easier for my husband to find a decent beer than me to find a great wine. I had to be pointed in the right direction but once I got there, it was glorious.
- A Parisian motto is "Eat & Move". I noticed that there weren't many overweight people in Paris. People walk, bike and scooter to their destinations. People are always outside. My average steps were 25k a day.
- Paris is truly the city of Love. Not only do couples wrap themselves in each other but so do parents and children. When was the last time you saw a 15 yr old kid hold hands with his or her mom? It was refreshing.
- Scarves are a must. I had to step my game up.
- Music is Paris is full of soul. No wonder they love Black music. We heard Kanye bouncing from cars, Earth Wind & Fire in bars and Billie Holiday in our hotel lobby. We saw local jazz band, Ishkero. They reminded us of Roy Hargrove/Hidden Beach. (see video below)
- Lastly, Parisians arent shocked at the presence of seeing Brown people. The jazz club we went to was pretty white & we got no looks. This is quite different than what we get sometimes in our own city. They didnt assume much about us (that we could see anyway). And guess what, NOBODY asked what we did for a living. Thats truly a vacation.
Cheers to Paris!